Crystals are solid bodies with geometrically regular shapes. They were created as the earth formed and they have continued to metamorphose as the planet itself has changed. Some have been subjected to enormous pressures, some grew in chambers deep underground, some were laid down in layers, and some were dripped into being. Regardless of how they were formed, their structure can absorb, conserve, focus, and emit energy, especially on the electromagnetic waveband, making them a natural part of light therapy.
Working through resonance and vibration, crystals have been used for millennia to heal and bring balance with their therapeutic properties. Rotating a crystal wand on the skin causes compression, which releases a focused beam to the organ beneath. This is one of the ways in which the shamans and crystal healers used their knowledge to focus sound and light vibrations of crystals into a concentrated ray to apply for healing. They knew that crystals had many functions including: reception, reflection, refraction, magnification, transduction, amplification, focusing, transmutation, transference, transformation, storage, capacitance, stabilization, modulation, balancing, and transmittance.
This allows us to consider crystals as more than accessories for our bodies, or decorations for our environment. Much of their work is done in our subtle bodies which constitute our aura and has chakras and meridians, following on from the concept that we exist in the universal energy field, and the bubble of it that is exclusive to the individual is the human energy field. The existence of the aura has been proven to be true by scientific research from holographic patterning through Kirlian photography, to different types of scanning. It validates that all matter is energy and forms the foundation for understanding how human beings can be considered dynamic energetic systems.
We are networks of complex energy fields that interface with physical and cellular systems. The physical system resonates at a particular vibration and forms an integral part of the lower frequency with the higher energy systems around it. Stated in another way, these higher energy systems referred to as our subtle bodies, are composed of matter with different frequency characteristics than that of the physical bodies. Thus they are superimposed upon one another in the same space. Together they play a part in the total functioning of the humans as being multidimensional in nature.
With this in mind we can appreciate that accumulated waste is not limited to our physical bodies, making detoxification at various levels a necessity. Crystals facilitate this benefit in several ways. We can wear them as jewelry for extended periods, positions them on the diseased area of the body, place them around our home or office, experience them during a stone massage, or sit with a piece for occasion meditation. Some crystals can also be placed on our drinking water so that when we drink it, our cellular structures come into alignment with their original matrix.
Modern medical practices have seriously taken to the use of crystals, specifically those they refer to as piezoelectric crystals because they produce electricity or light by compression. This property is harnessed in ultrasound machines, which use a piezo-electrical crystal to produce sound waves, and medical practitioners are able to tightly focus a beam of ultrasound to cauterize wounds deep within the body and blast tumours apart without the need for invasive procedures.
Working holistically, crystals heal on the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels of being. They realign subtle energies and dissolve disease, getting to the root cause, as most illnesses result from a combination of factors. This is evident even in a Swedish massage session where the techniques are kept light and fluid, but the client comes away from the session feeling and invigorated.
Improved oxygen and nutrients to the cells through the technique applied to the skin can be credited. It also helps to consider that our own bodies contain countless crystals or crystalline structures, e.g. cell membranes. Thus the crystals in the therapist’s body also play a role bringing the client’s crystalline structures into alignment through the vibration of the aura before, and physical touch.
I remember being at a crystal therapy workshop where half the participants were therapists and the other half were clients, after which they switched roles. We began by using clear quartz crystal pendulums to clear the client’s aura, starting before the feet and ending after the head as the client lay supine. This only took a few minutes, but before the clearing was through, most of the clients had fallen asleep. The second activity was the creation of a healing grid around each client. Those who were still awake fell asleep in their grid.
When the therapists were through, some were still asleep. The last person to awaken blushed at having slept so soundly. She said that she felt like a new person, totally revitalized. She also said it felt like she had had a full night’s sleep. To me this validates the possibility that we do carry burdens/toxins in our aura, and when they are energetically removed, our whole being attests to it.
Below are some crystals that are used for detoxification:
* Danburite – it is an excellent stone for facilitating deep change and for leaving the past behind. It can act as a karmic cleanser, releasing miasms and mental imperatives that have been carried forward, starting off the soul on a new direction. It promotes ease and changes recalcitrant attitudes, bringing patience and peace of mind.
* Fluorite – it cleanses and stabilises the aura. It is extremely effective against computer and electromagnetic stress. Appropriately positioned, it blocks geopathic stress. It is used in healing to draw off negative energies and stress of all kinds. It cleanses, purifies, dispels, and reorganises anything within the body that is not in perfect order.
* Garnet – it stimulates the metabolism, treats spinal and cellular disorders, purifies and reenergizes the blood, heart, and lungs, and regenerates DNA. It assists in the assimilation of other minerals and vitamins. It is particularly helpful in situations where life has fragmented or is traumatic. It fortifies, activates, and strengthens the survival instinct, brining courage and hope.
* Herkimer Diamond – it cleanses the chakras and facilitates gentle release and transformation, bringing your soul’s purpose forward. It attunes people and links them together when they have to be parted. It is one of the strongest crystals for cleansing electromagnetic pollution or radioactivity. It treats disease caused by contact, corrects DNA, cellular disorders, and metabolic imbalances and eliminates stress and tension from the body.
* Jade – it treats the kidneys and supra-adrenal glands, removes toxins, rebinds cellular and skeletal systems, and heals stitches. It balances the fluids with the body and the water-salt/acid-alkaline ratios. It releases negative thoughts, soothes the mind, and aids emotional release especially of irritability.
* Malachite – it absorbs negative energies and pollutants easily, picking them up from the atmosphere and from the body. It soaks up plutonium pollution, and guards against radiation of all kinds. It clears electromagnetic pollution and heals earth energies. Is should be placed in the home of everyone who lives near a nuclear or natural radiation source. (Hall, 2003)